[Freeipa-devel] A lazy programmer gets tired of git format-patch

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Sep 17 15:12:08 UTC 2010

On 09/17/2010 10:57 AM, Adam Young wrote:
> On 09/17/2010 10:40 AM, John Dennis wrote:
>> On 09/17/2010 10:28 AM, Adam Young wrote:
>>>
>>> Here’s a little ditty I wrote to et patches in the format we use for the
>>> FreeIPA mailing list:
>>
>> Attached is my python script to do something similar. It keeps all the
>> patches I've generated in a patch directory, numbers them, sends them
>> as a properly formatted email (optional).

> Thanks, John.  I'll make it non 'John Dennis Specific' and post online,
> if you don't mind.

Sure, no problem. I think the only jdennis stuff is in the config table,
the thinking was someone else could just edit the default config values
for their private copy. But if you were feeling ambitious maybe it could
read the config from a .ini file in $HOME using Python's config parser
module.

Also I noticed a cut-n-paste error in the usage function, the example
was left over from something else, should be deleted.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/