[Freeipa-devel] Future DNS UI

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Sat Jul 2 01:15:43 UTC 2011

I put this into the appropriate tickets, but I want to make sure it
doesn't get lost in the barrage of emails sent by  trac.

What I want to do for 2.2 is to create a Details page for DNS records.
Any of the records, A, AAAA, PTR, whatever, that have the same idnsname
will have a link to the same page.   This page will have:

This is actually pretty easy to implement.  I mostly have it done.  See
the attached screen shot.

However. We need an additional API:  dnsrecord-mod.  This should
basically follow the same rules as dnsrecord-add, but it should perform
setattr and addattr for any values it gets.  If a given value is not
sent, it should be left unchanged.  This is a complex enough change that
I don't want to try to shoehorn it into the 2.1 schedule.

The details page will also have a link to the host entity, provided one
exists.  On the host side, it will have a link to the dnsrecord-settings
page affiliated with it, again, only if it exists.