[Freeipa-devel] Some observations based on the adhock testing

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 22:03:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

1) I confirmed that capitalization in the host name makes things not work.
I had a VM wit ha capital letter in the name.
Everything installed fine but then "ipa" command did not work and the
httpd error log was complaining that the host principal was not found.
I uninstalled, changed the name and installed again - the server worked
fine.
I think we should fix the ticket or at least do it in release notes.

2) I noticed that the memberOf plugin use changed in IPA. It now lists
only direct members and indirect members are stored in the other
attribute. Is IPA back end of the SSSD aware of that?

3) Admin is not a part of the ipausers group is this intentional?

4) There is an argument to make a group a posix group: --posix but  the
group is already a posix group if created by ipa group-add.
Questions: how to create a non-posix group? How to make a posix group
non-posix?

Will continue over the weekend if have more time.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,