[Freeipa-devel] Turn off "all" for searches

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 14:16:15 UTC 2011

When we do search or details, we blindly add  {all: false} to the JSON
params.  This is a mistake:  all triggers far more server side work than
we want to do.  In the case of SUDO, it is causing enough problems that
JrAquino's server errors out.  Aside from correctness issues, we want to
avoid the additional overhead.

Gonna recommend we change:

/usr/share/ipa/ui/search.js: line 272 to look like this:

  IPA.cmd(
           'find', [filter], {all: false}, on_success, on_error,
             that.entity_name);

That will break the user search, but should leave the rest of the site
untouched (need to confirm).  We can over ride search for users to use
{all: true}