[Freeipa-devel] ipa-replica-manage help

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu May 12 07:19:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 16:23 -0700, Michael Gregg wrote:
> I'm having problem using ipa-replica-manage. Can anybody help?
>
> I have this setup with a master and a replica.
>
> [root at ipaqavmf ~]# ipa-replica-manage list
> ipaqavmh.testrelm: master
> ipaqavmf.testrelm: master
>
> First off, I cannot disconnect a replica:
>
>  From ipaqavmh:
> [root at ipaqavmh ~]# ipa-replica-manage disconnect ipaqavmf.testrelm
> Cannot remove the last replication link of 'ipaqavmh.testrelm'
> Please use the 'del' command to remove it from the domain

This is OK, there is only one replication link between those 2 replicas.
Disconnect command would block replication between these 2 master, which
is not allowed.

If you would like to play with replica topology, you can create a second
replica and try the connect/disconnect commands.

> So, I try "del":
>
> [root at ipaqavmh ~]# ipa-replica-manage del ipaqavmf.testrelm
> Unable to delete replica ipaqavmf.testrelm: {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP
> server"}

Master ipaqavmf.testrelm is unreachable, I guess you uninstalled it
before removing it from replication. There is an easy fix for that, just
run the command with --force flag:

ipa-replica-manage del ipaqavmf.testrelm --force