[Freeipa-devel] Automount API consistancy and WebUI searchs

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri May 13 18:12:19 UTC 2011

Adam Young wrote:
> The general pattern for finding something is
>
> <entityname>_find FILTER
>
> And for nested entities is
>
> <entityname>_find PARENTKEY FILTER
>
> So for Automount it is
>
> automountlocation_find FILTER
>
> automountmap_find LOC FILTER
>
> So Key should be
>
> automountkey_find LOC MAP FILTER
>

> The show command should then be
>
> <entityname>_show PKEY
>
> <entityname>_show PARENTKEY PKEY
>
> So for Automount it should be
>
> automountlocation_show LOC
>
> automountmap_show LOC MAP
>
> so key should be
>
> automountkey_show LOC MAP KEY
>

> For the key, in both cases it is not this. Instead, the whole keyand the
> whole --info (mountpoint) must be specified for the show command. On the
> find side there is an indication that the parameters should be --info
> and --key, but FILTER seems to work correctly.
>
> It seems that the key should be unique within a map. Is there any good
> reason to require the --info parameter when showing keys? Instead, it
> only enforces that a pair be unique. Since automount triggers if someone
> browsers to a specific directory, I thought that the option of which to
> choose would have to be deterministic: if I go to /home/ayoung, It ought
> to always mount nfsserver:/home/ayoung. What am I missing.

Yes, it looks like the dn for keys is wrong. It uses description as part
of the dn when it should use automountkey instead. I think this slipped
in when we added locations, but that is represented as cn.

It should be relatively easy to fix, the question is how we rename any
existing entries. I opened ticket

rob