[Freeipa-devel] Summary of Session discussion

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu May 26 21:23:40 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 05:19 PM, Adam Young wrote:
> The term "Session global" is a little weird.  If you mean that
> multiple requests in the same session can talk to the same cursor,
> then yes.  Global implies multiple people can talk to it at once, and
> I do not mean that.

One cursor per session. The session is per user per connection. It is
one global cursor for a session not a hash table or list of different
cursors within a session. The latter IMO is not needed and an overhead.
If you can't have session per connection then you would have to do what
Simo suggests.

So this brings me to the next point: Are all connections from one host
started by the same user share the same session? If this is the case
then .... uh ... bad ... than the hash is in fact needed. But this is
really scary...

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal