[Freeipa-devel] make-lint failures

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 08:53:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-30 at 00:12 +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> > Seeing some new make-lint failures after the reworking of ipaldap
> > function signatures;
> >
> > $ ./make-lint
> > ipaserver/install/adtrustinstance.py:101: [E1120,
> > ADTRUSTInstance.__create_samba_user] No value passed for parameter
> > 'modlist' in function call
> > ipaserver/install/adtrustinstance.py:190: [E1120,
> > ADTRUSTInstance.__create_samba_domain_object] No value passed for
> > parameter 'modlist' in function call
> > ipaserver/install/adtrustinstance.py:198: [E1120,
> > ADTRUSTInstance.__create_samba_domain_object] No value passed for
> > parameter 'modlist' in function call
> >
> > I wonder if the signature needs to be:
> >
> >     def add_s(self, dn, modlist=None):
> >
> > For the case were dn isn't an Entry we probably need to raise an
> > exception if modlist is None (or test to see what python-ldap add_s
> > does).
> The original LDAPObject.add_s() has modlist as non-optional argument:
>     def add_s(self,dn,modlist):
>
> I don't think it is wise to break that API assumption.
>
> In all the cases above it should get .add_s(entry) replaced by
> .addEntry(entry).
>
> The reason these failures are shown is because Martin reverted the
> earlier version of Sumit's patch that you mistakenly committed. Sumit
> has produced new patch already but there is one minor issue in it
> (another .add_s() -> .addEntry() replacement needs to be done).

I don't think this is the reason. My revert patch (Revert "Add DNS
service records for Windows") just removed the lines that Rob pushed, it
did not touch any add_s() call.

Even the Sumit's rebased patch
(freeipa-sbose-0008-5-Add-DNS-service-records-for-Windows.patch) does
not solve these pylint issues.

Martin