[Freeipa-devel] beware of abrt.pth

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 16:07:24 UTC 2012

On 10/30/2012 11:42 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> Should we make freeipa packages conflict with that module for the time
> being ?

I don't know because I don't know how this might affect IPA
specifically. I discovered the problem while testing a new release of
python-nss. I can't say I've seen a specific IPA failure due to this,
rather the potential is there and my intent was to bring awareness to
the rest of the developers in case they see odd behavior in which case
the simple workaround is to remove site-packages/abrt.pth.

Personally I don't care for packages which silently inject all sorts of
unknown code at run time because of the potential problems. Yet on the
other hand abrt can be quite useful.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?