[Freeipa-devel] obscene spam associated with this list

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 17:25:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-30 at 13:13 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
> Shortly after posting my email about abrt.pth I received 3 obscene
> replies to the email directly to me (not the list) offering a variety of
> sexual favors. Anyone else getting these? I imagine they've got a bot
> subscribed to the list and start spamming people who post.
>
> Is there anything we can do to mitigate this?

I unsubscribed the address, I noticed the suspect email yesterday when
it subscribed to all freeipa associated lists, but I was shutting down
my gear and didn't moderate it right away.

I will keep an eye for further suspect subscription, as this is a new
technique (replying directly to posters), they used to subscribe to send
messages to the list ...

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York