[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA string freeze

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 10:37:10 UTC 2013

On 04/08/2013 05:54 PM, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> написане Mon, 08 Apr 2013 18:45:30 +0300, Petr Viktorin
> <pviktori at redhat.com>:
>
>> Hello, FreeIPA translators!
>>
>> We wanted to give enough time for translations, so we made an upstream
>> string freeze last week, giving about two weeks of translation time
>> until the beta.
>> We didn't expect most of the translations to be done already --
>> Ukrainian at 100% and French with 40 strings missing. Thank you!!
>>
>> Meanwhile we have some fixes upstream that add/change additional
>> strings that would have to be postponed for the next release.
>> How much would it inconvenience you if instead of postponing the
>> patches, we'd push each change to Transifex as it is pushed to master?
>>
>> In the past Jèrôme said that updating continuously would be better
>> than the string freezes and mass updates we do now. We don't have
>> resources to automate that*, but for slipping a few strings past
>> string freeze it could work.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Surely, it would be good to have fixes now (as well as some announce in
> trans at lists.fedoraproject.org ).
>
> And I'm all of the Jèrôme's proposal. It is enough to have updates every
> 3-4 months. That will make the translation process significantly easier.

Okay. I've pushed the updates to Transifex (7 new strings, expect a
couple more), and I'll do some more frequent updates in the future.

I've lurked on trans at lists.fedoraproject.org for a while and haven't
seen many announcements from projects. Is it the right list to
communicate string freezes/deadlines/releases?

--
Petr³