[Freeipa-devel] Web UI refactoring effort ready for review

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 14:55:21 UTC 2013

I've implemented the remaining work. Pushed to the private repo.

> Know problems & remaining work
> ------------------------------
> 1. Change generation of plugin index to dynamical instead of rpm-post

The plugin index (plugins.js) is generated by wsgi script. New dir was
created: /usr/share/ipa/wsgi to store the script. It has the same
attributes as migration dir.
Plugins.js should be located in /usr/share/ipa/ui/js/freeipa/ dir. New
rewrite rule was added in order to make it work. It has a nice side
effect that one could not find out that the file is dynamically generated.

Design page updated accordingly:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/WebUI_plugins

> 2. Incorrect behavior (enabled buttons) of rule table when 'rule applies
> to anyone' selected.

Fixed by creating updated event. Probably not caused by this refactoring
but by refactoring of checkboxes and radios for PAC patch.

> 3. delete ./facets module
> Use ./reg an ./builder instead. Incorporate it into router to support
> standalone facets.

Done, but not tested. I'll create plugin example to test it.
--
Petr Vobornik