[Freeipa-devel] Wiki by-component documentation

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 13:21:05 UTC 2013

On 12/06/2013 09:40 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> On 5.12.2013 16:47, Martin Kosek wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just wanted to let you know that I wrote 2 new by-component articles:
>>
>> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Directory_Server
>> http://www.freeipa.org/page/PKI
>> ... and extended
>> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Kerberos and others.
>>
>> Now all the components in
>> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Documentation#By_Component
>> should have at least some meaningful information.
>>
>> I would like to see links to these components used in our wiki articles. For
>> example, when writing about PKI, please use [[PKI]] instead of plain PKI or CA
>> to advertise these pages. Then user can get basic information what the

Adding freeipa-devel back to CC list.

> Could we use
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LinkTitles
> for this?
>
> Inter-wiki links are very scarce on freeipa.org and this could help, I hope.

Looks like we would replace human consciousness with automatism :) I do not
have much experience with this particular extension, I am bit afraid of this
automatism. But if someone knows it, tests it and configures it for our wiki, I
am not against it.

> Another interesting extension is
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Glossary
>
> This could help newbies to understand our 'alphabet soup'. The idea is to
> automatically augment terms like 'LDIF' with link to some external source with
> explanation.
>
> Sure, we have to create dictionary with links at first, but then the extension
> will auto-link terms from all pages to external description.
>
> Petr^2 Spacek

Yup, sounds interesting too. But as you said, we would need to create the
content so that it makes sense. If somebody volunteers to configure it and
create a reasonable glossary list, it could be useful.

Martin