[Freeipa-devel] [RFE] List of IPA realm domains

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 11:48:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 10:55:28AM +0100, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> On 02/06/2013 06:27 PM, Ana Krivokapic wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Below is a design page for ticket:
> >https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2945.
> >
> >There are a couple of questions in the text.
> >
> >Thoughts, comments welcome!
> >
> >http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/Realm_Domains
> >

> Hello,
>
> I don't think we should make special commands for adding/removing of
> a single value of multivalued attribute. We should use similar
> concept as in server config or dns config.
>
> IMO the commands should be:
>
> realmdomains-show
> realmdomains-mod --associatedDomain={defaultdomain,domain1,domain2,..}
>
> we might introduced --add-domain and --del-domain options for
> adding/removing of a single value. IIRC we don't have a precedence

+1, I think having only --associatedDomain is cumbersome and error-prone.

> for such options, but we've discussed it before [1].
>

> Regarding WEB UI:
> Identity section is OK.

My first guess was 'IPA Server' but I won't mind if it is put under Identity.

> >ipa host-add command can be hooked to realmdomains-add-domain, to automatically
> > add domain of added host to the list of domains associated with
> IPA realm
>
> Web UI uses DNS zones list for host-add operation. Does the proposal
> mean that it will have to be changed to use realmdomain list? I'm
> not sure which way is better.

Does this mean you cannot add hosts managed by a different DNS server or
is it just a convenience option so that the domain name must not always
be specified?