[Freeipa-devel] Using the new LDAP code

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 17:14:14 UTC 2013

On 02/27/2013 11:23 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 27.2.2013 17:09, John Dennis wrote:
>>> IPA plugins traditionally use (dn, entry_attrs) pairs to represent
>>> entries. To make that work, iterating over an LDAPEntry will, for now,
>>> yield the DN and the entry itself. Always use keys() or values() when
>>> iterating over an entry.
>>
>> I'm trying parse what the above means, it seems to be one of the two:
>>
>> 1) There is still a bunch of code that continues to use 2-tuples in the
>> plugins and additional work remains to converge on a single API.
>>
>> 2) All the code that used 2-tuples has been cleaned up and expunged,
>> however if the old 2-tuple methodology was used it would still work.
>>

> it's the former, there is still code that uses 2-tuples.

O.K. so we're still a ways away from completing the task. Would this be
a correct summary?

Phase 1 is completed, a consistent API has been defined and implemented.
Phase 2 is converting all the code to use the API defined in Phase 1, a
task yet to be done.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?