[Freeipa-devel] certificate renewal

Vaede, Roger (Contractor) Roger.Vaede at fincen.gov
Wed Oct 30 18:05:44 UTC 2013

I have two IPA servers, one primary and one is backup.  (Redhat 5)
The primary servers certificate has expired.
I am not able to renew it.
I turned off the ssl on the clients and now the users can login.
I did a lot of research on certificate renewal and I am lost at this point.
I am able to make changes using the backup IPA server.

[root at xxxxx01 ~]#  ipa-getcert list
Number of certificates and requests being tracked: 3.
Request ID '20131023184633':
        status: CA_UNCONFIGURED
        ca-error: Unable to determine principal name for signing request.
        stuck: yes
        key pair storage: type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='/usr/share/ipa/html/ca.crt',token='NSS Certificate DB'
        certificate: type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='/usr/share/ipa/html/ca.crt'
        CA: IPA
        issuer:
        subject:
        expires: unknown
        track: yes
        auto-renew: yes
Request ID '20131023184901':
        status: CA_UNCONFIGURED
        ca-error: Unable to determine principal name for signing request.
        stuck: yes
        key pair storage: type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/hqfincen_root_ca.cer',token='NSS Certifica                        te DB'
        certificate: type=NSSDB,location='/etc/httpd/alias',nickname='/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/xxxxxx_root_ca.cer'
        CA: IPA
        issuer:
        subject:
        expires: unknown
        track: yes
        auto-renew: yes
Request ID '20131021155935':
        status: NEED_KEY_GEN_PIN
        stuck: yes
        key pair storage: type=NSSDB,location='/var/lib/pki-ca/alias',nickname='ServerCert'
        certificate: type=NSSDB,location='/var/lib/pki-ca/alias',nickname='ServerCert'
        CA: IPA
        issuer:
        subject:
        expires: unknown