[Freeipa-devel] Reviewer in Trac

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 15:34:26 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 04:15 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 16:13 +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:

>>> I think this means we'll be back to have to carefully track the mailing
>>> list because stuff will be missed. This is something patchwork "fixed".

No. The only thing that happened automatically in Patchwork was that
entries got created. Patchwork doesn't even have threads - each version
of a patch needed to be individually marked as superseded. Very much
mindless clicking is needed to keep Patchwork up to date.

>>> I wonder if we can build some automatism to not loose the good things
>>> here.
>>>
>>> Simo.
>>
>> Majority of patches going to freeipa-devel are tied to some Trac ticket. These
>> are tracked and watched by the on_review flag and the new reviewer field.
>
> If people remember to do it every time they just send an email, very
> process heavy.

How is this different from Patchwork?

>> Those that are not covered by any Trac ticket need to be tracked and cared of
>> manually by the submitter IMO.
>
> Not very friendly to external submitters.

External submitters can easily open tickets.

> I guess I'll keep the patchwork instance up for now ...

I was basically the only one who used the IPA Patchwork any more. I have
stopped using it and I'm waiting for the Patch Reviewer field (in any
form!).
Without someone to *manually* mark all the patches as On review, then
Changes Requested, then Pushed... Patchwork is quite useless.

You can keep it running but no one from the FreeIPA team will use it. Sorry.

--
Petr³