[Freeipa-devel] Client-side command in the IPA framework

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Feb 28 03:02:57 UTC 2014

Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
>> So the recent discussion on importing tokens led me to write a script to
>> parse RFC 6030 xml files into IPA token data. This all works well. But
>> now I need to integrate it into the IPA framework.
>>
>> This command will parse one or more xml files, creating a set of tokens
>> to be added. Given that we already have otptoken-add on the server-side,
>> it seems to me that all work needs to be done on the client-side. How do
>> I create a new client-side command that calls existing server-side API?
> subclass from frontend.Local, override run() or forward() method and
> perform batch
> operation of otptoken_add from there.
>
> See cli.help, for example.

If you do an override, do forward() for cli-specific work.

But you should do as little as possible for reasons you already stated:
the UI. Anything you do in forward Petr will need to implement in the UI.

Unfortunately we don't yet have a nice way to handle files. We have
tickets open at https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/1225 and

If this file is something that would be pasted into a big text field
then you can probably handle it in a similarly clumsy way that we do
CSRs in the cert plugin.

rob