[Freeipa-devel] [389-devel] Design review (second): Access control on entries specified in MODDN operation (ticket 47553)

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Fri Feb 28 10:37:59 UTC 2014

HI Ludwig,

Thanks for catching that, I will update the doc.
When the legacy server receives an aci with that new syntax, it does not
recognize the new keywords (moddn, target_to, target_from) so the parser
fails and the aci is simply ignored.
In the implementation (__aclp__parse_ac) , 'target_to' and 'target_from'
should be tested before 'target' because the way it is coded
'target_to'/'target_from' could be interpreted as 'target' keyword.

regards
thierry