[Freeipa-devel] What is Changelog on wiki for?

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Jan 24 15:30:51 UTC 2014

When working on release, this question comes to my mind every time - what is
the following page good for? :)

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Changelog

To me, it is usually just an annoyance of the release process. You can simply
get all the data with "git log" derivatives, so I do not see a point of
maintaining this page.

I see benefits of having shortlog in Release pages like [1], but not with this
one. I am thus proposing to deprecate it.

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/3.3.3

Thanks.

--
Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team