[Freeipa-devel] [Pki-devel] faster ways to build/test dogtag?

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 06:20:49 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 10:08:26AM -0500, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:
> Hi Fraser,
>
> If you haven't got an answer yet, this is how I set up my lab environment:
>
> 1. As a non-root user (e.g. edewata) I checked out the source code into my
> home directory (e.g. ~/Projects/pki). In the lab the home directory is
> remotely mounted so it's slow, but it's useful to share files among multiple
> machines.
>
> 2. As root user I build Dogtag on root's home directory with this command:
>
>   compose_pki_core_packages --work-dir /root/<build dir> hybrid_rpms
>
> It's faster because root's home directory is local.
>
> I also have some scripts that I use to simplify the build/installation
> tasks. Feel free to use them but they may require certain directory layout.
>
>   http://fedorapeople.org/cgit/edewata/public_git/pki-dev.git/
>
> Ideally there should be a faster way to compile & refresh Dogtag
> installation without building & reinstalling the RPM packages, but we just
> haven't got a chance to do it yet. It may require converting some of the
> installation code in the RPM spec file into CMake.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'll spend a few minutes later this
week getting all this information up on the wiki(s).  Having these
workflow tips/tools in one place (or a handful of places i.e. a page
each in the IPA and Dogtag wikis) will be valuable for new hires and
provide a starting place for discussions on workflow improvements.

Cheers,

Fraser