[Freeipa-devel] Reorganization of Web UI navigation items

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 07:37:51 UTC 2014

On 4.6.2014 08:44, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 06/04/2014 08:34 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:

This is really good proposal! Scroll down to see three nit picks:

>> Users
>> - Users
>> - Groups
>> - SUDO
>>
>> Hosts
>> - Hosts
>> - Host groups
>> - Services
>> - Netgroups
>> - Automount
>>
>> Authentication
>> - OTP Tokens
>> - Password Policy
>> - Kerberos Ticket Policy
>>
>> Policy
>> - HBAC
>> - SELinux User Maps
>> - Automember
>
> Alternatively, we could rename Policy to "Authorization" as both HBAC and
> SELinux is about authorizing what an authenticated user can do. We would just
> need to move Automember to different place, though this one is difficult - it
> relates both to Users and Hosts, just like Netgroup.
>

>> Trusts
>> - Trust configuration
>> - Trusts
>> - (future) Views
>>
>> Infrastructure
>> - Certificates
^^^ I would like to see this under "Authentication". Nowaways it is used to
authenticate machines and it will be extended to user authentication as soon
as Smart Card support is added.

>> - DNS
>> - (future) Replication topology
^^^ Personally, I would place it under "IPA Configuration".

>> - (future) Vault
^^^ Why is Vault under "Infrastructure"? It sounds like "Authentication" to
me. It is meant to store plain-text passwords etc., no?

It seems that I'm proposing to reduce "Infrastructure" to "DNS". We can move
DNS somewhere or make DNS top-level item until we get DHCP or something similar.

This also opens the question if DNS management is really the right business
for us :-) I'm personally not sure :-)

>> Configuration
^^^ Can it be "IPA configuration" or something like that? Just "Configuration"
seems too vague to me. After all, everything in the UI is some kind of
configuration :-)

--
Petr^2 Spacek