[Freeipa-devel] Expired passwords cannot be changed via LDAP

Nathaniel McCallum npmccallum at redhat.com
Mon Jun 9 14:03:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-09 at 09:01 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:

> Instead of reverting I am thinking we may want to make this optional by adding a configuration parameter that defaults to False for now. Once we can manage better the password change we can turn it on by deault, in the meanwhile admins can choose by themselves the lesser evil.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm not a fan of introducing a new configuration parameter for a
temporary workaround.

My preference is to revert it and have a small project for the next
release which handles all the "non-authenticated" corner cases. This
would include:
* Expired passwords
* Password changes
* Token syncing
* Unauthenticated RPCs (rpcserver.py rework)
* others?

I think there is some value to be gained by thinking about these
problems as a whole and devising a set of consistent mechanisms for
them.

Nathaniel