[Freeipa-devel] Woes updating and oldish devel server to latest master

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 18:17:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-11 at 13:54 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-06-11 at 13:36 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > Ok now ipa-ldap-updater does a lot more and passes through schema
> > upgrade, however it fails again later complaining ipaVirtualOperation
> > is
> > an unknown object class ..
>
> Ok I manually added ipaVirtualOperation to user99.ldif, and the updater
> made some more progress, but now complains it doesn't know about
> ipapermissionv2 ...
>
> Why is the updater failing to recognize that some schema is missing ?
> I see it checking the schema file but it tries to replace a few
> attributes (every time) where the only thing that differs is the
> X-ORIGIN and does nothing else ...

Ok after adding a few manually also some schema for dna plugin was
missing, I decided to use the big hammer and simply copied all schema
files from /etc/dirsrv/schema and /usr/share/ipa in the ds schema
directory.

This way ipa-ldap-updater finished successfully.

And after a restart of httpd the UI came up.
So *hopefully* all is ok now ...

Should I open a ticket about ipa-ldap-updater being unsuccessful at
updating ?

Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York