[Freeipa-devel] patch acceptance criteria

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 15:15:30 UTC 2015

On 12/02/2015 07:14 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Is it still mandatory that tests pass the unit tests before acceptance?
> I've seen a number of cases over the past couple of months where a
> change goes through then shortly afterward a patch to fix the tests.
> IMHO this should be caught in advance.
>
> Things slip through and goodness knows I've acked more than a few
> patches without running the full suite. I just have a feeling it has
> become more frequent lately.
>
> rob

At 4.2 retrospective a review check list was discussed.

I have a draft [1]. Comments welcome! I'm sorry, that it's only pdf at
the moment.

Maybe sanity checks should be less verbose, but I wanted to have it
spelled out.

My goal is to have both wiki page and a printable check list which can
lie on a table.

[1] https://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/FreeIPAdeveloperschecklist.pdf
--
Petr Vobornik