[Freeipa-devel] disabling topology segment has no effect

Oleg Fayans ofayans at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 15:07:35 UTC 2015

On 06/17/2015 04:59 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

> On 06/17/2015 04:46 PM, Oleg Fayans wrote:
>> Hi Ludwig,

>>> on which server did you apply the mod ?
>> On master.
> just to be clear, you have master <-> replica1 <-> replica2
> on master you disable replica1-replica2
> why would you expect mods on master not to be replicated ? at least to
> replica1 ?
> the disable should only effect the connection between r1 and r2.
> There is one problem in this linear topology, the disable reaches r1,
> it disables the agmt to r2 and so fails to replicate  the disable to r2.

To be precise, my topology is as follows

master <-> replica3 <-> replica2 <-> replica1
And I disabled the replica3 <-> replica2. So I expected the changes on
master to be only visible on master and replica3, but actually it kept
replicating to all nodes.

root at f22replica1:/home/ofayans]$ ipa topologysegment-find realm
------------------
3 segments matched
------------------
   Segment name: f22master.bagam.net-to-f22replica3.bagam.net
   Left node: f22master.bagam.net
   Right node: f22replica3.bagam.net
   Connectivity: both

   Segment name: replica1-to-replica2
   Left node: f22replica1.bagam.net
   Right node: f22replica2.bagam.net
   Connectivity: both

   Segment name: replica3-to-replica2
   Left node: f22replica3.bagam.net
   Right node: f22replica2.bagam.net
   Connectivity: both
----------------------------
Number of entries returned 3
----------------------------
root at f22replica1:/home/ofayans]$ ipa topologysegment-show realm
replica3-to-replica2
   Segment name: replica3-to-replica2
   Left node: f22replica3.bagam.net
   Right node: f22replica2.bagam.net