[Freeipa-devel] client-only FreeIPA build

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 15:04:06 UTC 2016

Hello,

the recent changes with regard to
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Integration_Improvements
beg a question whether we should invest into supporting client-only builds in
FreeIPA build system.

Right now, FreeIPA can be built on all architectures we care about so there is
no incentive to invest into client-only build - this applies to binary/RPM builds.

The question is, do we need something special in build system for Integration
Improvements effort? If not, can we drop the remains of client-only build?
(They are not functional anyway so we should either drop them or fix them.)

Thank you for answers.

For completeness, the RPM build somehow works on following architectures:
aarch64
armv7hl
i686
ppc