[Freeipa-interest] Update on freeIPA progress

Karl Wirth kwirth at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 14:49:15 UTC 2008

Hello,

Its been a few months since we've sent out an update to the
freeIPA-interest list.  We have made a lot of progress.  Here are some
updates and some ways you can participate:

- /Test version 0.99./  Thanks especially to Simo Sorce and Rob
Crittenden, we are now at version 0.99.  We would love for you to test
it.  http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads
- /Distros./  freeIPA was accepted into Fedora and other projects there
are looking to leverage it.  Any of you with connections to other
distros interested in helping freeIPA get picked up?
- /Interest./  Interest in freeIPA is strong generally and our community
has grown substantially.  It seems like there are a lot of us who are
looking to enhance the management of identity, policy, and audit in the
Linux and Unix world.
- /Docs./  Thanks to David O'Brien, we've made a big step forward in
documentation.  http://www.freeipa.org/page/Documentation
- /Planning./  We are well into planning for the next major freeIPA
versions.  Requirements docs are already posted here:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Roadmap.  As we advance the designs and
plans via discussion on freeIPA-devel we will post them on freeIPA.org.
  Feedback welcome!
- /Help code./  As always, we would love your help and contributions to
the project.

Regards,
Karl