[Freeipa-interest] Future direction (feature request)

Is there any chance that a TACACS+ daemon could be integrated into a future version of FreeIPA, so that network rights can be assigned and delegated the same way as system rights? I have looked through Cisco's tac_plus (ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/pub/tacacs), and while I do not have the development skill to do so, I think that the daemon could be altered to take its rights-assignments and configuration from a directory, instead of from configuration file. This functionality would greatly increase the value of the tool to a couple of organizations that I have spoken to.

Thank you,

 -DTK

--
david t. klein

Cisco Certified Network Associate (CSCO11281885)
Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPI000165615)
Redhat Certified Engineer (805009745938860)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?