[Freeipa-users] dns problems with kerberos

Ivan Levchenko levchenko.i at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 12:44:29 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I installed IPA ok, no errors, i can even authenticate to it from a
remote host using the admin user.
I created a new users via the web panel, and as soon as I log in, it
says that the pass is expired and that i need to change it, as soon as
it gets the confirmation pass, i get an error:

$ kinit ivan
Password for ivan at MYDOMAIN.COM:
Password expired.  You must change it now.
Enter new password:
Enter it again:
kinit(v5): Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting
initial credentials

as i understand it, its a dns problem...

I added the needed info to my domains zone file like so:

;IPA
master                  IN      A       192.168.0.112

_ldap._tcp              IN SRV 0 100 389        master

;kerberos realm
_kerberos               IN TXT MYDOMAIN.COM

; kerberos servers
_kerberos               IN SRV 0 100 88         master
_kerberos               IN SRV 0 100 88         master
_kerberos-master        IN SRV 0 100 88         master
_kerberos-master        IN SRV 0 100 88         master
_kpasswd._tcp           IN SRV 0 100 464        master
_kpasswd._udp           IN SRV 0 100 464        master

;ntp server
_ntp._udp               IN SRV 0 100 123        ntp-server

using dig, i can verify that all of this works just fine.. is there
anything that I missing?
I'm very new to ipa, kerberos, ldap.. but I REALLY want to get a
single signon and single user/pass environment working...

thanks in advance!!!
--

Best Regards,

Ivan Levchenko