[Freeipa-users] Red Hat Enterprise IPA to be discontinued?

Marc Richards email.marc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 19:46:42 UTC 2009

I just read the following on the Centos mailing list:

"I spoke with Simo Sorce at the Fosdem event regarding that (having
IPA/FreeIPA rpms sitting in the Extras repository) Due to the fact that Red
Hat made it clear now that the actual RHEIPA will be discontinued (at least
in its actual form and will probably change to something else ...) we still
don't know what direction to take."

Can anybody clarify?  Or point me to a link?  Based on the activity on the
freeipa-devel list it is clear that FreeIPA is still being actively
developed...but what are the implications of RHEIPA being discontinued...if
that is in fact the case?