[Freeipa-users] Red Hat Enterprise IPA to be discontinued?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Apr 17 00:18:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 16:22 -0400, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> Hello Marc,
>
> There is some confusion about the situation.
>
> Red Hat is fully behind freeIPA project. The project is very active and
> there is no plan to reduce our focus on it. We are currently deep in
> development phase of the freeIPA v2 building:
> * client components
> * new pluggable and extensible UI
> * policy management
> * audit collection
> etc.
> We are even starting to look beyond v2 to what we might do next.
> We are reworking the packaging of the Red Hat supported version of IPA.
> This is probably the origin of the confusion.
----
good to know...thanks. I found it confusing because I attended a Red Hat
road show in October that was demonstrating freeIPA.

I was the one who actually started the thread on CentOS list, spent a
couple of hours trying to build freeIPA 1.2.x from source rpm from
Fedora 10, probably was close but didn't succeed. I really didn't want
to bother with 1.0.x - I mean, I have OpenLDAP working already and I
just wanted to play with freeIPA.

At the same time I asked CentOS list, I also subscribed to this list but
there hasn't been any traffic.

At the point where you have something that I could reasonably have a
chance at succeeding building on CentOS (I think I installed some
libraries from Fedora 10 too), I'd be happy to take a shot at it. I'm
obviously much more interested in v2 than v1.2.x and all of my googling
didn't turn up much beyond building 1.0.x late last summer.

Craig

believed to be clean.