[Freeipa-users] User keytab file

Daniel Scott djscott at mit.edu
Wed May 13 13:37:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

2009/5/12 David O'Brien <davido at redhat.com>:
> Using kinit and klist is not a problem. I just wanted to make sure you
> weren't using kadmin.local, etc. I'm no whizz at this, which is why I'm only
> offering suggestions. Expect some more useful answers once the USA hits
> daylight  :)

Nope not touched kadmin.local. Thanks for the help so far.

> wrt the use of ktutil, have a look at the Client Configuration Guide, and
> especially Configuring NFS v4 with Kerberos, which talks about adding
> services, getting the keytab onto the client, etc. There's a whole section
> devoted to Fedora (written for f9 but should be fine for f10).

Thanks for the pointer - I'd already read that when I configured NFS -
that part's all working. Authentication from a 'manual' session is no
problem. I can just type in the password for the backup user. The
problem is with automated authentication, I need to get a ticket
without a password. The Kerberos equivalent of an SSH keypair.

Thanks,

Dan