[Freeipa-users] How to access to the FDS console?

Mr Vandeley mr.vandeley at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:57:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:
> Mr Vandeley wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to access to the fedora-idm-console so I can play around
>> the directory schema a bit.
>> I am following this instructions [1] but all I get is:
>>
>> [root at ipa ~]# /root/setup-admin.pl --file=setup-register-admin.inf
>> : No such file or directory
>>
>> How can I debug this?
>> Is there any other way to access de directory server console?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> [1] http://markmail.org/message/53jife2vp5sc4hdv
>
> Did you create setup-register-admin.inf as directed? If it isn't in the cwd
> you'll probably need to include a full path to the file.
>
> rob

Thanks Rob, and yes, I've created that file and tried with the full path:

[root at ipa ~]# ls setup-*
setup-admin.pl  setup-register-admin.inf
[root at ipa ~]# /root/setup-admin.pl --file=/root/setup-register-admin.inf

Also I tried running setup-ds-admin.pl. But I get an error:

[root at ipa ~]# setup-ds-admin.pl --file=/root/setup-register-admin.inf
[...]
Would you like to continue with set up? [yes]:
[...]
Do you agree to the license terms? [no]: y
[...]
Choose a setup type [2]:
[...]
Computer name [ipa.sic.net]:
[...]
System User [dirsrv]:
System Group [dirsrv]:
[...]
Do you want to register this software with an existing
configuration directory server? [no]: y
[...]
Configuration directory server URL [ldap://ipa.sic.net:389/o=NetscapeRoot]:
Configuration directory server admin ID [admin]:
Configuration directory server admin password:
Configuration directory server admin domain [sic.net]:
Could not find the user 'admin' in the server
'ldap://ipa.sic.net:389/o=NetscapeRoot'.  Error: No such object

Please try again, in case you mis-typed something.
[...]

there are any errors on my setup?