[Freeipa-users] Administration URL in 389DS

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 00:42:45 UTC 2009

Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala wrote:
> Dnia 2009-11-03, wto o godzinie 15:16 +0100, Rob Crittenden pisze:
>
>> Jesster Leight wrote:
>>
>>> How i can find my default Administration URL for 389 DS ? I can't use
>>> 389-console from this problem ;(
>>>
>> That is correct. IPA does not install or configure the admin server or
>> console for 389 DS. This is on purpose because user/group management in
>> the console is not necessarily compatible with IPA and can cause large
>> headaches. It should be possible, if one is very careful, to manage IPA
>> users via the console but we do not support it.
>>
>> Is there some capability you need that only the console provides?
>>

> I'll take a chance to ask similar question here (sorry for hijacking
> thread ;)
>
> I need some system users (e.g for configuring LDAPbind for apache
> authentication), and I'd like them to be under say CN=sysaccounts,CN=etc
> Is there any way to do this simply?
> The thing is I don't want to be subject of IPA password policy.
>
> Regards,

We are planning to have different password policies per group in IPAv2.
As far as I remember it made our Alpha release last week.
Would you be interested to give it a try?
In IPA all accounts are on the same level but they can be grouped in
different ways and in v2 pwd policies can be applied on per group basis.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Engineering Manager IPA project,