[Freeipa-users] Can't find ipa-user

Jenny Galipeau jgalipea at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 14:09:10 UTC 2009

Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Jenny Galipeau wrote:
>> Jesster Leight wrote:
>>> I installed FreeIPA with manual Implementing FreeIPA in a mixed
>>> Environment.
>>> My IPA OS: Fedora 11 Leonidas (Default without update. Clean OS, new
>>> installation)
>>> All steps compled sucessfully, except one:
>>>
>>> [root at ipa ~]# kinit admin
>>> Password for admin at EXAMPLE.COM <mailto:admin at EXAMPLE.COM>: 12345678
>>>
>>> [root at ipa ~]# klist
>>> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
>>> Default principal: admin at EXAMPLE.COM <mailto:admin at EXAMPLE.COM>
>>> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
>>> 11/04/09 17:36:08  11/05/09 17:36:05  krbtgt/EXAMPLE.COM
>>> <http://EXAMPLE.COM>@EXAMPLE.COM <http://EXAMPLE.COM>
>>> Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
>>> klist: You have no tickets cached
>>>
>>> And ...
>>>
>>> [root at ipa ~]# ipa-finduser admin
>>> _ssl.c:480: EOF occurred in violation of protocol
>>> Re-run with -v flag for more details.
>>>
>>> [root at ipa ~]# ipa-finduser -v admin
>>> Connecting to IPA server: https://ipa.example.com/ipa/xml
>>> _ssl.c:480: EOF occurred in violation of protocol
>>> Re-run with -v flag for more details.
>>>
>>> In what can be problem ?
>> The ipa commands have changed.  "ipa user-find admin" is the new
>> command.
>> Run ipa help for more information.
>
> What Jenny means is that the CLI tools in v2 uses a different naming
> convention from v1. Since the ipa-finduser command exists at all it
> tells me he is running v1 so this is a non-issue.
Oh, thanks Rob!

--
Jenny Galipeau <jgalipea at redhat.com>
Principal Software QA Engineer

Register now for Red Hat Virtual Experience, December 9.
Enterprise Linux, virtualization, cloud, and more.
http://www.redhat.com/virtualexperience

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/