[Freeipa-users] slapi-nis installation help

Gary Verhulp gverhulp at checkpoint.com
Tue Oct 6 18:33:02 UTC 2009

Thanks for the response.
I have the NIS config on the client setup correctly I believe.
This client was moved from my current NIS domain and works fine.

It's not that the client does not bind to the new FreeIPA NIS domain,
but rather there is no passwd hash  in the output of ypcat -k passwd so
it has no way to auth.

garyv at fell:/var/log$ ypcat -k passwd
ttest ttest:*:1102:1002:Tim  Test:/home/ttest:/bin/bash

br,
Gary