[Freeipa-users] slapi-nis installation help

garyv garyv at gmoneylove.com
Wed Oct 7 19:44:40 UTC 2009

Is there a way to get the NIS plugin to hand out DES passwords.

I have some freebsd 3.51 and old solaris  machines that will not
play nice except for DES.

I know it's not ideal but such is my lot.

I looked at the dse.ldif

dn: cn=Password Storage Schemes

Any suggestions on how to serve DES passwds from the NIS plugin??
Thanks
Gary