Re: [Freeipa-users] slapi-nis installation help

Is there a way to get the NIS plugin to hand out DES passwords.

I have some freebsd 3.51 and old solaris  machines that will not
play nice except for DES.

I know it's not ideal but such is my lot.

I looked at the dse.ldif

dn: cn=Password Storage Schemes

Any suggestions on how to serve DES passwds from the NIS plugin??
Thanks
Gary

Rob Crittenden wrote:
Gary Verhulp wrote:
I have not done those steps. I did not see any of those in the doc anywhere!?

I do not seem to have "ipa-nis-manage" command  on this machine.

Don't panic, ipa-nis-manage is part of the next IPA release, V2.

Seems like I'm missing a basic step somewhere.

I think you have things basically working. It looks like the problem is the password storage scheme being used, SSHA vs CRYPT.

rob

I know I'm serving NIS with this server as I'm able to bind a client and:

[root fcds tmp]# rpcinfo -p    program vers proto   port  service
    100000    4   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    3   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    4   udp    111  portmapper