[Freeipa-users] As a non-developer, how can I contribute??

Sean Brady sbrady at gtfservices.com
Fri Oct 23 01:13:37 UTC 2009

Please forgive me if this question is redundant, I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere...

I am a network admin of a heterogeneous small network (Windows and CentOS), and a non-developer.  How can I help move this project forward?

If there is anything that I can do to assist with this project, whether it be documentation editing, testing, financial (to a limited degree), or anything else, please let me know.

I have been looking at FreeIPA for a little while now, and I am completely convinced that this is what the Linux community needs to really move forward in the enterprise.  I am becoming increasingly convinced that we need to reduce or eliminate our reliance on proprietary identity management solutions, and for Linux on the desktop to be truly successful we need a comprehensive, open source identity and security management platform.

Also, has the group looked at some of the things that Likewise is doing (http://www.likewise.com/products/likewise_enterprise/).  Perhaps they would be interested in contributing some technical resources?  I believe that it could be a good strategic move for Redhat, FreeIPA and Likewise.  I was particularly interested in the GNOME group policies (http://www.likewise.com/products/likewise_enterprise/gnome_group_policy.php).  That is something that would really add tremendous value to the network admin deploying Linux to the desktop.

Thanks all.

Sean Brady
GTF Services LLC