[Freeipa-users] Roadmap to release 2.0 ?

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 14:49:07 UTC 2009

Loris Santamaria wrote:
> El jue, 03-09-2009 a las 17:30 -0400, Dmitri Pal escribió:
>

>> After functional complete milestone in November-December
>> we will either release it or will continue adding features to it.
>> This decision will be made based on the assessment of different
>> factors (stability of code, feature coverage and so on as
>> well as demand from the community).
>>
>> You can definitely affect this decision making by giving us
>> a little bit more information about your interest.
>> Is there any specific feature that you are looking for?
>>

> For us, just the CA integration would be enough to upgrade to the new
> version ASAP.
>
> Of course netgroup and DNS management are very desiderable features, and
> for our role as systems integrators a more hackable interface is
> definitely a plus.

The CA integration is not stable and there are several things that are
yet not completed related
to cert management and provisioning. It is unlikely they will be
available before functional complete
milestone. DNS is also being polished right now. It is there but it is
not stable too.
The netgroups should be Ok and work now.
It seems that we are on the right track with the features you are
looking for.
I will see what we can do about clarifying our release plans and giving
you a more precise guidance.
Please give me couple weeks.

--
Thank you,