Re: [Freeipa-users] Installing IPA on Solaris 10

Andy Singleton wrote:
Hi guys,

I am installing IPA 1.2.2 client installation on one of our Solaris servers, and I cant seem to get the system to see the IPA users. “getent passwd” only returns local users, and no traffic is leaving the client for the IPA server for ldap.

I have followed the instructions from the documentation, but I definitely get the feeling that something is missing.

All the various configuration files are populated, and the Kerberos portion works correctly because I can obtain a ticket.

So possibly there is a problem with the nss_ldap part, or the ldap.conf itself.

Does anyone know common problems that might have this result on Solaris 10?

For reference, here is the /etc/ldap.conf file:

ldap_version 3

base cn=compat,dc=live,dc=tipp24,dc=net

nss_base_passwd cn=users,cn=compat,dc=live,dc=tipp24,dc=net?sub

nss_base_group cn=groups,cn=compat,dc=live,dc=tipp24,dc=net?sub

nss_schema rfc2307bis

nss_map_objectclass shadowAccount posixAccount

nss_map_attribute uniqueMember member

nss_initgroups_ignoreusers root,dirsrv,oracle

nss_reconnect_maxsleeptime 8

nss_reconnect_sleeptime 1

bind_timelimit 2

timelimit 4

nss_srv_domain live.tipp24.net

uri ldap://ipaserver1.live.tipp24.net ldap://ipaserver2.live.tipp24.net

Thanks

Andy

Sorry, missed this one last week..

What does /etc/nsswitch.conf read? Is it configured to use ldap?

You might also try killing nscd in case it is interfering.

rob