[Freeipa-users] Web admin for FreeIPA Directory Server

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 13:49:24 UTC 2010

On 01/27/2010 12:44 AM, Michael Kang wrote:
> Nobody answers my question:
>
> Could I ues phpLDAPadmin to maintain FreeIPA Directory Server?

What would you like to administer? FreeIPA comes with a Web GUI that
gives you an administrator interface for many operations. The 389
Directory server (which FreeIPA is based on) also comes with a Java
based web administration interface, although we don't use it.

There is no inherent reason you couldn't use phpLDAPadmin provided it
supports the authentication we require. But more to the point is why? If
there is something fundamentally lacking in the administration interface
we provide we should fix it. Please note that v2 of FreeIPA has been
under heavy development and the web GUI has received a lot of attention
for the next release and whatever you're missing might have already been
taken care of.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?