[Freeipa-users] Disable IPA Web UI auto-login

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Jul 14 13:56:54 UTC 2010

Shan Kumaraswamy wrote:
> Hi Pal,
> Thank you very much for the clarificaiton, the secound question is I
> want to access the url from my laptop using firefox, and also I
> configured the browser as per the IPA installation browers
> configuration and its download the ipa certificate, after when I try
> the same url again its througing the kerberos auth failure. Please let
> me know what is the issure.

Have you authenticated from your laptop and do you have a ticket?
Is it a Windows client?
If yes you need to do kinit from the Windows laptop first to obtain a
ticket.
To do this you need kerberos client installed and configured.
If the laptop is  a part of the IPA domain then this is one scenario if
not then a different.

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Implementing_FreeIPA_in_a_mixed_Environment_(Windows/Linux)_-_Step_by_step
http://freeipa.org/docs/1.2/Client_Setup_Guide/en-US/html/chap-Client_Configuration_Guide-Using_MicrosoftWindows_to_Manage_IPA.html#sect-Client_Configuration_Guide-Using_MicrosoftWindows_to_Manage_IPA-Configuring_Windows_XP_Pro_and_Windows_2000_Pro