[Freeipa-users] SSS problems with eDirectory

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Thu Jul 22 15:07:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:19:37AM +0200, Sumit Bose wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 03:22:29PM -0400, Scott Duckworth wrote:

> > "something bad happened" isn't very useful.  And since SSS refuses to try
> > and authenticate users without an encrypted connection, I can't easily use
> > wireshark and friends to debug at the protocol level.  While I could
> > probably patch the source to print the actual LDAP error with
> > ldap_err2string(), or maybe gdb the process and set a breakpoint when things
> > go wrong to hopefully get some more useful information, this is beyond what
> > I'd normally consider doing when deploying new software.  Any suggestions?
>
> I'm currently installing eDirectory and I will try to reproduce the
> behaviour you have found.

I have run some basic authentication test with eDirectory 8.8-SP5 and
everything worked fine. I have to admit that I have used the current
master of sssd which includes a lot of changes to the LDAP code. Would
you mind to test our current beta release from
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/sssd/1.2.91/21.fc14/ . It is
for rawhide but should work fine on F13, too.

I also didn't use LDAP aliases. Can you check if setting DEREF in
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf helps? If not, can you give a short description
how aliases are used in your case so that I can set up a similar
environment?

Thanks.

bye,
Sumit