[Freeipa-users] SSS problems with eDirectory

Christian Horn chorn at fluxcoil.net
Fri Jul 23 08:49:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 03:30:23PM -0400, Scott Duckworth wrote:

> There are almost 120,000 users in our directory, and we currently have ~200
> Linux systems that might use SSSD, soon scaling to >500 systems.  I imagine
> that even 500 systems is only a medium-scale installation compared to some
> sites.

I recentl had a look at rhel6beta which offers sssd and nscd/nslcd.
Had implemented ldap authorization/authentication with sssd when i dis-
covered that netgroups are not available yet.
Mainly used with pam_access and sudo here for authorization.

Do you mind what you are using instead in your environment?
Or are these users just all authorized to do the same?

Christian