[Freeipa-users] (no subject)

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Jul 28 12:43:29 UTC 2010

Juan José Inchausti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was looking for Penrose and arrive here! I'm facing a big LDAP project
> that involves two LDAPs, #users about 750.000, and I think Penrose would
> be the right choice. Is Penrose a part of freeipa???

It is not at the moment. Penrose is more a migration tool from NIS to
IPA for now.

>  May I use Penrose as
> a standalone component???

Yes

> My apps must access the information stored in
> the two big LDAPs, but they only have to look at one LDAP, so I wonder if
> ipa can help me, or I have only to use Penrose.

If your applications use identities provided by NSS via nsswitch you can
use SSSD and configure it to get identities from the two LDAP sources.
Can you please be more specific about the use cases you have? Do you
need to do searches against to LDAP servers or it is just user identity
and authentication?
Are your applications web applications?

> Thanks in advance

Thank you,