[Freeipa-users] Unable to connect to IPA server: File Not Found

root freeipa at voidembraced.net
Thu Mar 4 02:17:46 UTC 2010

Greetings all:

I'm thinking I just have to bounce something (or maybe it's been long enough
that I'm running the command wrong, but I don't think so).

Note that I show the error when not authenticated, and that I can
authenticate without error:

[root at sandbox1 ~]# ipa-finduser admin
Could not initialize GSSAPI: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may
provide more information/Ticket expired
[root at sandbox1 ~]# kinit admin -k -t krb5.keytab
[root at sandbox1 ~]# ipa-finduser admin
Unable to connect to IPA server: File Not Found

I assume that the "File Not Found" is simply a poor error message.  Any
insight into what I need to do to fix this?

I tried bouncing [ns-]ldap/dirsrv just in case that was the source of our
problem.

NOTE:  We also use coda, and it has no difficulty authenticating to [IPA]
kerberos (though we are having an odd UID issue with non-admin users which
prompted the attempt to run some ipa-finduser queries).

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
 -Don
{void}