[Freeipa-users] AD Sync Error

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Mar 8 15:30:59 UTC 2010

Shan Kumaraswamy wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> Sorry for the delay replay, after I executed your command I am getting
> the following error from my directory server. Please help me to
> resolve this error.
>
> [root at sbttipa001 ~]# /usr/lib64/mozldap/ldapsearch -h
> sbtaddc001.bmitest.com <http://sbtaddc001.bmitest.com> -p 636 -Z -P
> /etc/dirsrv/slapd-BMITEST-COM/cert8.db -D
> CN=administrator,CN=users,DC=bmitest,DC=com -w "secretpw" -s base -b
> "" "objectclass=*"
> ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP server
>         SSL error -5961 (TCP connection reset by peer.)
Is sbtaddc001.bmitest.com <http://sbtaddc001.bmitest.com> the real,
registered DNS address for the Active Directory server?  On both the
linux machine and the windows machine?
Does a reverse DNS lookup on the IP address return that hostname?
Is Active Directory configured to use/listen to SSL?
Does the cert db /etc/dirsrv/slapd-BMITEST-COM/cert8.db contain the CA
cert of the windows CA?
certutil -L -d /etc/dirsrv/slapd-BMITEST-COM