[Freeipa-users] Installing on Centos

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 12:58:40 UTC 2010

Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering if anyone has had any luck in getting FreeIPA compiled
> and installed on Centos. I am struggling a bit at the moment. I have
> downloaded a fedora source package which I have tried to compile but
> can’t even get the package to install at the moment. I get the error:
>
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file
> /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/Fix-install-with-krb-1.7.patch;4ba0aaed: cpio:
> MD5 sum mismatch
>

> This is the file I downloaded:
>
> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/12/SRPMS/ipa-1.2.2-3.fc12.src.rpm
>

> Regards

rpm changed around F10 or 11. IIRC it uses SHA256 instead of MD5, that's
why you are getting the error unpacking it. Try this instead:

% rpm2cpio ipa-1.2.2-3.fc12.src.rpm | cpio -idv

You'd need to do this anyway since you need to make some spec file changes.

Replace the BuildRequires: popt-devel with popt

If you are going to build against the CentOS RHDS then replace
occurrences of fedora-ds with redhat-ds. 389-ds has a Provides for
fedora-ds so things will just work if you are using 389-ds.

Then: rpmbuild -ba ipa.spec

I think that should do it assuming all the other build and install time
dependencies we have are available in CentOS.

rob