[Freeipa-users] MemberOf plugin keeps disabling account

James Roman james.roman at ssaihq.com
Wed Mar 17 19:24:18 UTC 2010

> To actually disable the plugin you need a restart after you change the
> config, but please *do not* do that unless you want trouble :)
>
> The memberof plugin does not change group memberships it only updates
> the memberof attribute to keep it in sync with the member ones.
>
> Simo.

Just to clarify, we never disabled the 389 MemberOf plugin. My original
ldif dump after the upgrade to 1.2.5 had the 389 DS memberOf plugin
disabled. So it never was enabled. This probably meant little to us from
a functional standpoint because we already had the FreeIPA ipa_memberof
plugin installed and enabled.

Do I need both of them enabled? Or will that cause additional misery? Of
the two, ipa-memberof and 389's memberOf plugin, which should I enable?